cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New site no documentation

jeff_macintosh
New Contributor II
I have inherited a site with a Zone Director 1200 and 10 access points. The previous "IT guy" documented absolutely nothing and registered almost everything in his own name. He has gone out of business surprisingly and does not return calls.
 These folks are using a simple ISP gateway device to a HP procurve (unmanaged) and a Dlink DES-1228P for the APs' POE. I'm not seeing evidence of any pre-existing VLANs. Pretty simple setup. The ISP gateway device had failed and was replaced by the ISP. Now there is no connectivity to the internet for any of the APs. Nether the subnet nor the gateway IP was changed on the replacement device. Is there a simple reason why the Access Points have no internet after the change? Does the Zone Director register the MAC address of the gateway for some reason? Seems unlikely.
I have only remoted into a local PC for initial forensics 🙂 It looks like the ISP enabled the native wireless AP on the replacement gateway device and this is what office staff are currently using. He may have used the Ruckus AP SSID names provided by the staff because the main one is called corporate something..same scheme no? Could it be this that is causing the issue?
I will be onsite tomorrow.
In the long run, I feel like I'm going to have to hard reset the ZD anyway. No one has a clue what the password might be. I tried admin/admin and super/sp-admin with no luckI think from reading here that I will also have to hard reset all of the APs as well because they will all be protected with the same password? Is there a recommended order of operations to ensure the reset process goes smoothly? 

Sorry, complete newblet to all things Ruckus.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, 

Jeff
10 REPLIES 10

thomas_fankhaus
Contributor II
if you really have no idea what the user name and password are, then you probably will not get around a factory setting. you may be able to revive the wlan but you can change settings without access data never again.
I would not even try to revive it.
maybe you can still try to get the access data, but otherwise simply factory setting.
I think that the AP's connect themselves with the ZD, but I am not sure, but I can check that if nobody else knows this.

I wish you success