cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help doing setup of Zoneflex 7372 with Linksys DIR655 wireless router

robure
New Contributor II
Hi,
I feel like I must be missing something basic here and would appreciate suggestions. Ive had a network working well here at the house. Typical home wifi setup with Cox Cable: Cox coax cable to the Cable Modem, Cable Modem ethernet to Linksys DIR-655 wireless router, Wireless devices all access OK. Now, wanting to add Ruckus to the network to improve coverage in home and add speed for gaming and AppleTV streaming. So I connected Ruckus to an open ethernet port on Linksys Wifi Router. Ruckus shows power light, but nothing else. Tried to use a browser to 192.168.0.1... but got Linksys admin screen... no problem... reset Linksys IP to 192.168.0.2 and reboot. Expected then I could get to Ruckus at 192.168.0.1 at that point. No luck. Still cant login to Ruckus and run setup or configuration. Still no joy. Suggestions??? Thanks!!
7 REPLIES 7

robure
New Contributor II
OK well maybe I have a dead Zoneflex 7372. Although I have a PWR light on, no other lights are lit. I tried a direct connect to the 7372 from a laptop using a known working ethernet cable, and nothing. Yes, I configured the lan adapter IP settings per the setup guide. Unless there is some other method to diagnose, I guess I will have to call Ruckus and get this replaced. Bummer. Other ideas?

daniel_m
Contributor
Any chance you have an ARP entry for 192.168.0.1/your router in your ARP table? Also, by default, the AP is a DHCP client—it’s possible the AP got an IP from your router and is not using 192.168.0.1.

Regarding deployment of the AP, you might want to consider disabling the wireless on your router and just using the Ruckus—wireless clients tend not to roam gracefully without a controller.

robure
New Contributor II
No ARP entry 192.168.0.1
And n, the Zoneflex hasn't gotten anything from DHCP or I would see it.
I've tried disabling the Linksys wireless feature - no benefit.
And I've also temporarily disabled all security - no benefit.

As per my last post, I also disconnected Ruckus from home network, and tried to direct connect to a non network connected Windows laptop (set the laptop to same network as Ruckus, of course). Nothing... In fact Windows says there is no connection. It seems like the new Ruckus is dead.

Unless someone else has any great ideas, my next call is to Tech Support and or I'll try a return with the seller.