cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major speed drops after about 30 minutes. Connected via ethernet to my H510

smubbs
New Contributor

I'll try to keep this short, sweet, and intelligible.

I have Dish Fiber internet that uses a ruckus access point in my apartment.A few times a month, but recently constantly, my internet speeds will drop from the normal 500 down 700 up, to about 2 down and .2 - .08 up.I am connected directly to my Ruckus H510 access point via ethernet. Restarting my computer temporarily restores my speeds, but after 30 minutes - 2 hours they drop again.I've been able to replicate this by using another computer as well. This happens at all hours of the day.

Having Dish reboot my connection over the phone temporarily restores my speeds as well, just for them to drop again.

The tech came out today and replaced my access point, and confirmed everything was fine. He was here about an hour.Shortly after he left my speeds tanked again.

I'm in a bit of a paradox here.. how can the issue be my computer when two computers have the exact same issue. And how can the issue be related to Dish or the ruckus hardware if reboting my computer, or even signing out and back in fixes it?

I've ruled out basically everything possible. This makes no sense.

I cant even gain access to the ruckus network to look at stuff, nor is the access point even showing up when I use Advanced IP scanner. Something is showing up as my gateway 172.20.51.1 but it says Routerboard.com. This doesn't seem to by my access point. 

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @smubbs 
Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting the RUCKUS Community forums.

Could you please let me know if this is a Lennar Home RUCKUS setup?

Please confirm.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

No, this is an apartment setup with Dish Fiber actually. 

Hi @smubbs 

Thank you for the information provided.

One of our esteemed engineering team members will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your inquiry on this community post.

We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi