cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac airbooks disconnecting

itdept_head_me
Contributor
I am having massive problems with my R500 units and mac airbooks 10.10.5 / elcapitan
I have had support looknig at this for  several weeks and they are of the mind that it is the mac airbooks not the ruckus equipment.

the problem occurs after the computer goes to sleep, it seems to be keeping the WIFI open but not the networking infrastructure to relay the data.

Even more annoying is it only does it with the ruckus, my $20us cisco , asus & TP-link functions  without any problems., they seem to force the connection closed, ready for the mac to re-connect after it comes out of sleep.
21 REPLIES 21

sid_sok
Contributor II
What is your support case number?
Can you use a second mac book to get some air capture of the various test?
Problem macbook with cisco (what model and code version)
Problem macbook with asus (what model and code version)
Problem macbook with ruckus (what model and code version)

If the problem is after the client wake up, you can set up the APs, to a specific channel, connect the client, close the lid for 30 seconds, open the lid and see if it can pass traffic? 

If you have already done this test, are the packet capture in the case?

Sid

itdept_head_me
Contributor
case ID : 00332321
is wire shark suitable for the captures?

macbook air, it seems to be most of them.
The one interesting case it a mac book pro, with exactly the same wireless chip & firmware revision works without issue as a non working macbook air, all other devices have same chip but different firmware revisions.
Second point of note, after wakeup the ASUS/CISCO have kicked the mac, but it reforms the wireless without prompting.(as long as it does not have access to ruckus)
for the ruckus, the mac comes up with the wireless already formed, but no traffic will pass.
3rd point , if the airbook has the pw for both the ruckus and other wifi, whilst it is sleeping, it seems to get kicked from the asus/cisco, then forms a connection with the ruckus and wakes up with a bad connection.

Same macbook air used for all tests, otherwise it is pointless.
packet captures are in the case notes, engineer had remote access to  AP's

I pointed out that this case is holding up purchase of about 50k of wifi equipment for a new location,
if i cannot solve it, i must use cisco.

louis_philippe_
New Contributor II
I had a similar problem with my clients and my Unleashed AP, not specific to MacBooks, and the problem was the "Force DHCP" option was enabled and was causing issues. My clients could be connected to the WiFi but no traffic could go to the network. I disabled the option and now everything works great.

itdept_head_me
Contributor
yes.... that is not the issue in this case.

itdept_head_me
Contributor
so no follow up on this ?