cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with adding R500 APs to a Ruckus ZD3050

matt_hodge_d5fx
New Contributor III

Hi – We have a ZoneDirector 3050 with software version 9.8.3.0 build 58, and I’m currently attempting to add R500 APs to it, and I’m having trouble. If the R500 APs are factory reset, some will reset to firmware version 110, and some to version 104 and some will reset to 9.8, which is strange. I then downgrade the firmware to version 9.8.3.0.14 (so when the access point is connected to the controller, it will update to 9.8.3.0 build 58) and set the director IP for the ZD we have. When I connect them to the network, the expectation would be that I see the AP listed in the controller, change the IP and a couple settings and its done. For some reason, the controller is not seeing the newly added access point. Everything is correctly set on the network switch to support the AP. Also, I’m noticing that some of them when turned on, the “DIR” light doesn’t go on or blink, and the power light goes right to being solid, with no blinking. This is a strange issue, because all of them have the 9.8.3.0.14 firmware installed, and the director in CLI has been set to the correct zone director. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @matt_hodge_d5fx,

Please check if there is any latency between the APs to the ZD on the network, verify that APs have reach-ability to the ZD to from the network, and share the following output from the AP cli.

- "get director" :current state of the AP joining process.
- "get rpki-cert validity", "get rpki-cert issuer" : detail of AP cert information.
- "get syslog log"  will give you the logs from the AP for actual reason.

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

I found that setting the native vlan on the port the AP is connected to to be the same as the vlan the ZD is on helps with initial config