cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot ZoneFlex 7962AP after a factory reset ?

peter_quinland
New Contributor II
A hard reset was done to a Zone flex 7962 AP using the external pin hole to revert to Factory set up.
AP is powered but does not rediscover the ZD. The original FW was 9.4.

After a firmware upgrade to 9.6.0.267 to match a working AP and being directly connected to the ZD1100 the zoneflex 7962 AP is unable to connect to the ZD.

the default web access is working.

I was able to ssh in to the AP via the default ip address and manually set the director ip address. Still no joy.
any suggestions ?
8 REPLIES 8

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Between ZoneFlex 9.4 and 9.6, AP Layer2 ZD discovery was deprecated. You need
to have/use DHCP or static IP in the same subnet as the ZD. Can the ZD/AP ping
each other? Do you have AP auto-join enabled? What does the ZD AP log say?
Does the ZD see the AP attempting to connect at all? If swapping APs with factory
default allows one AP to connect but not another, I would contact support for RMA.

peter_quinland
New Contributor II
Now it get odd. A configuration change was made on the switch connecting the AP.

the AP then connected to the ZD, upgraded to v9.7 and rebooted. now it it won't reconnect. Just getting the flashing "dir" LED

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

suhail_thakur
New Contributor
i changed my ruckus AP management vlan to 20 ,now i m not able to access the AP ,tried hard reset but no luck ..its not pingigng..any suggestions ..please

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
lots of assumptions and with above limited info... i can suggest only below

if you pushed the AP management VLAN to 20 from ZD GUI... now AP will communicate to network only on VLAN 20. Make sure switch to which AP is/are connected are minimum L2 Managed or L3 so that you can configure the ports on which AP is connected to correctly propogate VLANs from upstream switch and firewall on which VLAN may have been created..

to start with - speak to Ruckus support... as such issues cannot be addressed in forum bcos of severity of this problem..

best of luck