cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover a ZoneFlex 7762 AP?

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
Hi everyone.

I have simultaneously changed IP and VLAN on my AP. The problems are : the AP is at 30 meters from the floor (I can't do the hard reset) and the AP do not respond at the new address / VLAN or the old one.
I have tried to connect it with a Zone Director 1100 without success.
Any ideas?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
Hi again,

WIth some MAC scan tools I saw that the AP respond but all ports are closed or unreachable.
Have you got some utilities which can force factory reset with MAC address information alone?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
I'm not aware of anything. Have you tried just cutting power to the device to force a reboot? Is there any chance it picked up a duplicate IP address?

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
The AP (test) is directly connected to my pc. No dhcp configured. The AP just respond to the address that I put before I lost the control on it. It is responded to raw packet and ARP request. I will send nmap and wireshark reports.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
My apologies, I may have misinterpreted your earlier message ("..accessible" in the IP sense instead of the physical sense..)

If you are able to re-produce the symptoms on this new AP, then please open a support case (you can reference this thread in the case). I can't guarantee we can figure out a way to recover, but we should at least get the condition documented to maybe help someone else.

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
Thanks for the answer.
I've already open a case.

The symptoms are really easy to reproduce:
Change the IP and the management VLAN at the same time.
It will respond at the new address in th new VLAN but not correctly, so you won't be able to manage it no more.

That's what happens to me...