cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure ZD for remote mgmt when multiple WLANs are broadcast?

gar1027
New Contributor II
I've got three APs, each broadcasting 2 SSID's. When a user selects one WLAN, they get an address on network A. When a user slects the other, they get an address on network B. Each AP is on a switch port configured as a trunk. The ZD, which happens to be on network A, is also on a switchport configured as a trunk. However, I am unable to login to the ZD now. How must the ZD be configured to allow remote management? I do not have a management network.
3 REPLIES 3

alf_watt
New Contributor II
Based on your description, any client on 'Network A' should be able to access the ZD. Do you know what IP address the ZD is configured to use?

gar1027
New Contributor II
The client is actually on Network B, with the ZD on Network A. This client can reach all other devices on Network A, so the routing is correct. Why would the client need to be on Network A if the ZD is on a trunked switchport? I can always change the ZD's address, but am wondering why. Thanks.

drc
New Contributor III
--- How must the ZD be configured to allow remote management?

Can you try configuring ZD to assign mgmt IP/subnet in B, tag vlan B?

Configure > System > Management Interface

1. Enable IPV4 Management Interface
2. Enter IP Address/Subnet (on network B)
3. Don't check default gateway
4. Enter ACCESS VLAN (network B VLAN #)

Since switchport is trunked, client on B ought to connect to ZD ok on "new" mgmt IP.

Alternatively, try connecting from Net A to ZD on "ZD Net A IP" (what is on your "Device IP Settings > IP Address").

--- Why would the client need to be on Network A if the ZD is on a trunked switchport?

Since routing is correct, client on Net B should be able to ping ZD on Net A, right?

Perhaps your WLAN on Net B is the "Guest Access" WLAN, therefore guest access policies and control are applied (thus can't HTTPS in to ZD).

Just my 2 cents, so pardon if wrong.