cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Ruckus measure the Latency when AP is Flagged?

hugo_escobar_82
New Contributor II

I have a couple of AP's that have a status of Flagged.  Trying to figured how does the AP measure latency for 2.4G and 5G one of my AP's has the 2.4G latency at 1686ms and 5G latency of 65ms.  How do I fix flagged AP's latency?

3 REPLIES 3

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

This usually means than RF channel is crowded, or intereference exists. Change AP to work on different channel.

Most of my AP's are on different channels. 

David
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Hugo,

the latency is the average delay time between an AP and connected clients. Latency issues are more often in 2.4 Ghz since that band is usually more interfered since only 3 non-interfered  channels. 

There are different approches to fix it, I would recommend,

1. Try to find out if there are any WiFi or non-WiFi (microwave ovens, DECT phones, baby monitor, jammer devices from nearby police stations, etc.) devices around the APs. If so try to disconnect them and see if It makes a difference. 

2. Test fixing the channels on  2.4 Ghz band to 1, 6 or 11. Usually Ruckus uses background scanning to select the most appropriate channels dynamically. There's an alternative method which is faster , ChannelFly, but It takes more resources from the AP.

3. If the above does not help we would need to reposition the APs away from noise.

Best Regards.

David.