cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden SSIS's I didn't create showing on scanner

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III

Hello,
When using a WiFi Scanner for signal issues I am seeing Hidden networks that I didn't create and they are from MY network. What are the hidden network or signals being broadcast from the AP's ? In WiFi Analyzer they show as question marks and show they belong to Ruckus.

Thank you
Joseph

10 REPLIES 10

mitchell_axtell
Contributor II
I'd say it's likely the case.  The mesh SSID is hidden, and 5GHz only on capable APs.  You could try disabling mesh on a specific AP and see if it disappears from the scan.

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
Yep makes perfect sense. I knew that and forgot about it. Ok thanks I will update thread tomorrow.

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
Well I cannot do it via GUI and  cannot find a command line command to disable mesh on the controller. I did however snifff some packet and some of the hidden networks are Sonos backhaul mesh and some are Ruckus. So I still want to disasble mesh and see what happens. 

You can do it on an individual AP basis, or per AP group on 9.13+.  It isn't allowed to disable it globally as this could permanently isolate mesh APs you may have.

Hey Mitchel thanks. I didn’t know that. Will give it a go tomorrow. I am on 10.1.1 build 26