cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H500 as wireless bridge? (ie. wireless uplink)

kieth_hoover
New Contributor III
We are a retirement community with many cottages on spread out on campus.  I am trying to find a good solution to support wired-only devices in each residential unit but with a wireless uplink.  We will be deploying outdoor APs on lampposts, etc. with a ZD3000...my question is whether the H500 can be used as a wireless bridge (no wired uplink) to accomodate those wired devices.  Are there better solutions in your opinion, ie. just use an off-the-shelf bridge or router or a different Ruckus AP?
3 REPLIES 3

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
H500 will mesh with any other Ruckus AP like a T300, and will work like any regular wired AP, broadcasting SSIDs on 2.4g and 5g and also providing wired Ethernet.

In fact, this is true for all Ruckus APs except the R300 series, you can mix and match APs as you wish.

You can even use an AP as your client mesh and wire another AP to it. For example, say you have T300s on lampposts but the signal inside the cottage isn't strong enough to form a mesh link. You can install a second T300 on the roof of the cottage and pull a wire from the roof to the H500 in the living room. Again all the APs will work as normal APs. The T300 on the cottage's ceiling will even allow other Mesh APs to connect to it wirelessly... It's extremely flexible.

kieth_hoover
New Contributor III
Perfect...that is exactly the answer I was hoping for....

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
Btw I see that you mention 'wireless uplink' which implies a certain vendor... Ruckus mesh is completely automatic. You enable Mesh and plug in the ap's. They will automatically pick the best traffic path and adapt as the environment changes. You can override if you want.