cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware for R500, what's up with all the options? What should single AP user use?

scurrier03
New Contributor II
I'm confused about all the download options I get when I try to find firmware for my R500.  There seems to be a 100.x and a 9.x line of firmwares that are developed in parallel?  Why?  And what's an MIB?

Why doesn't the 9.10 download link lead me to a 9.10 download?  It instead gives me a 100.x file.

I am but a simpleton home user who loves good equipment and has no controller.  What is the most current firmware I should be running now?
6 REPLIES 6

scurrier03
New Contributor II
Martin,
Do you realize that the R500 firmware download page does not have Standalone AP Software 9.8.3.0.14 (All APs) on it like the R700 page does, despite the fact that the R500 supports this version?  Please respond if this is a mistake or not and why.  It has been the main source of my confusion.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Thanks, and you're right.  R500 and R600 model APs are supported since 9.8.1.0.14 (MR1) release and are listed under supported devices in the Release Notes.

https://ruckus-support.s3.amazonaws.com/private/documents/529/9.8.1.0.101_-_ZoneFlex_9.8.1_Release_N...

The R500 standalone AP link has been updated.