cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading Smart Zone 100 from 3.6.2.0.250 to 3.6.2.0.222

milan_gvozdenov
New Contributor III
Hi Ruckus,

I have 2 Smart Zone controllers and I spent the whole day trying to downgrade-upgrade the - unsuccessfuly.

They work in cluster, one is leader and the other one is a follower.

I wanted to update them to the latest version however (5.1 or 5.2), however I tried following upgrade path and upgraded them to 3.6.2.0.250. After that I tried upgrading it to newer version but no luck - there was a message that said it is unsupported (I double checked model of SZ, followed upgrade path, tried some other firmwares even from Smart Zone 100-D but no luck).

Now I want to downgrade them back to 3.6.2.0.250 and I did not save any backup because I thought why would I need it since I know how to configure them back in cluster and that is all I need before connecting APs.

Any ideas what should I do? I am worried will all APs models be supported if that firmware version stays on Smart zone controllers. I really do not know why I can not upgrade it.
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, there are two steps to setting up a node.  The first setup configures the IP address and port configuration.  The second setup that can be done using http::8080 sends you to the cluster creation page - you should see an upgrade button on the bottom of that page as per my screen captures above.  This should let you choose any version of code.

I will try that as soon as I can. Thank you for your answer and help.