cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a MESH with multiple AP's

russell_perry_6
New Contributor II
I have recently bought in to Ruckus APs. Some config points below before the question
  • Initially, I was using a R310 200.7.10.202.94
  • I have now purchased 2x R610's
  • The internal IP range is 192.168.1.X 
  • The ISP router is 192.168.0.X
  • In between the WAN and Lan I have a Luxul ABR-4500 to manage LAN IP's
Issue
When booting up the R610 whilst in config mode I could not get a connection. Therefore I plugged them in to the computer and went direct to the deafult IP 192.168.0.1 (that's was assigned to my ISP fibre router. 

I altered the IP address and subnet of the first R610 to be in range of the R310 (Master - 192.168.1.161) and used 192.168.1.160 for the R610

When logging back in to the unleashed UI under 192.168.161. I can not add the new R610. Its just not appearing

Question
Should I have MESH enabled on te R310 or is there another way to add the R610 to the Unleashed AP's?

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Russell
8 REPLIES 8

phil_coverdale_
New Contributor III
Hi Russell,

If this is a permanent solution, I would advise going with this option. There will also be a performance benefit by connecting the AP by Ethernet.

Regards,

Phil.

russell_perry_6
New Contributor II
OK so I can have all of the AP connected via ethernet. POE for the 610's. Are recommending that I hard link them all up in to the LUXUL?

Regards

Russell

phil_coverdale_
New Contributor III
Hi Russell,

Yes, the best performing topology would be to connect each AP to a wired gigabit port on your switch.

Regards,

Phil.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Russell,

I have some recommendations.

1- If possible, change the ISP router's IP from 192.168.0.1 (I am assuming it is 192.168.0.1 as most of the vendors uses it as default IP) to any other IP, because Ruckus APs also comes with same default IP and there could be chances of IP conflict in the network, if an AP do not gets IP over DHCP from wired network.

Or

2- Make sure APs get the IP over DHCP for sure, so you can avoid IP conflict with your ISP router IP.
3- Check the new APs version make sure it is on 200.x Unleashed else it will not be discovered by your existing Unleashed master AP.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn