cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compability Cisco Power Injectors and Ruckus AP ́s (r500, r600, H500)

golbert_salazar
New Contributor II
I have a cliente that has 8 Cisco power injector air-pwrinj5= and needs to use this with some ruckus ap ́s for example r500, r600....so are they compatible????

I saw this pair (cisco power + ruckus ap) work!! but i ́m not sure about the advantages and disadvantages.....i will appreciate your opinion.

is there ruckus poe specification guide updated?????

Thanks guys for your help
Golbert
10 REPLIES 10

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

For AIR-PWRINJ5  -- yes, it must work, as it is gigabit PoE injector. It can provide 15W power as in 802.3af, which is enough for all indoor Ruckus AP..

But it is actually not that easy in many other cases. And problem has nothing to do with power budget.

Situation is very different if injectors are 100MB/s injectors (as they often are -- you are normally  replacing old  APs), and switch has 1GB/s  port, it will not work properly. It will work only with 100MB/s switch ports, but than you still may have problem with 100mb/s setting of R500 APs ports. It is common culprit with PoE injectors. Typical symptoms -- AP  has massive packet loss in such setup and periodically reboots with message in the log "kernel panic".

By the way, be aware that Speedflex can't be used to check connectivity of APs connected to 100MB/s ports, as it has bug preventing it to measure link performance properly in such setup. This bug have to be fixed in 9.12.2 release.