cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients keep getting Disassociated from AP = Reason 8

jason_sparrow
Contributor II
Well, the on-going saga continues.

I have an R600 that for some reason disassociates clients giving 'reason 8' that i found in the web UI log.

Could someone tell me what reason 8 is please?

Also, could someone maybe explain what the AP classes as 'interference'?

I am confused as to why the AP all of a sudden starts to SmartSelect to find a clearer 5G channel when there no other rogue 5G networks anywhere nearby.

Plus, the 2.4G network is perfectly stable and that has plenty of reason to hop about as there quite a fair few nearby networks.
38 REPLIES 38

seanmuir
Contributor III
Reason Codes are here:

http://www.aboutcher.co.uk/2012/07/linux-wifi-deauthenticated-reason-codes/

Reason Code 8 is due to client leaving the BSS by means of AP moving the client to another access point using non-aggressive load balancing.

In regards to Channel selection do you have Channel Fly turned on?

jason_sparrow
Contributor II
Hi Sean, and thanks.

Interesting about the load balancing as there were only two clients connected at the time to the AP 5G network.

Yes, I have ChannelFly (smart select) turned on for 2.4 & 5 but the 5 just seems to drop everything and jump channel randomly, with no other networks nearby. (After checking, the 2.4 has done it a bit but not as much).

I am using the basic NetSpot to keep an eye on whats going on, and im the only 5G network that even gets picked up by that. This is why im wondering why the AP is channel flying.

seanmuir
Contributor III
Is this a home network?

jason_sparrow
Contributor II
Yes it is.