cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing IP/Subnet of a SmartZone cluster and APs

vick_ehrmann_77
New Contributor II
I am cutting over a network at 1000 room resort and we have 2 SmartZone 100s in a cluster with 550 H500s connected. We needed to change the VLAN/IP/Subnet for the APs and the SZ. I changed the IP addresses on the APs without an issue through the SZ CLI, changed the IP addresses of the SZs, and changed the VLANs on the switch ports.

Couple Issues:
1. I am able to log into each of the SZs on their new IP addresses but they are not seeing each other and are showing an error on the top of the screen "plane out of service".

2. I am also able to connect to the APs on their new IP addresses but they are not seeing either of the SZs.

3. When I connect to the APs they are not recognizing the configured Username/Password on the SZ nor the default Username/Password.

Good news is that guests are still able to connect and get out to the network so their are not any complaints. We just have no way of managing the system.

This is a simple process on the ZoneDirector that I have done many times. I am not sure what the problem is or what to check next.
5 REPLIES 5

prado_prado
New Contributor III
Hi Vick,
Based on your description, looks like APs did not download the config from SZ.
Seems to be IP settings did not apply on SZ100 Cluster nodes correctly. If you have cluster back taken on the SZ100 cluster, go ahead and restore the cluster backup. Once both nodes goes back to good condition (Plane out of service message should disappear) try to change the IP address of the cluster nodes.
APs will come up on SZ100 cluster on new IP address if they have learnt the new IP.
Open support ticket, they do help with AP CLI script to feed new IPs of the SZ100 cluster.

Regards,
Prado