cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the ZoneFlex 7731 802.11n Point to Point Wireless Bridge support 2.4ghz devices?

travis_leblanc
New Contributor
I just recently installed this device for one of our clients and it worked fine at first, or at least we thought it did(because I connected with an iPhone 5 and Galaxy s4). It wasn't until later that the client noticed a large amount of its guests couldn't pick up the signal. I read up on it and noticed it only supported 5ghz devices. I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to change this to support other devices as well?
7 REPLIES 7

seah_george
New Contributor II
ZF7731 is designed to used as a Point to Point bridge, which uses a 5Ghz channel to communicate with the other pair to transmit higher throughput.
The data sheet also specified that there is no 2.4Ghz radio supported.

If your customer requires Outdoor AP access, go for ZF7762 instead.

Cheers,
George Seah

tary_lin
New Contributor II
how do i offload the data from ZF6631 to ZF7762? The ZF7731 has only one ethernet port which i will be using it with PoE to power the unit. If i use the ethernet port to connect to the second AP, ZF7762, i would lhave to use external power?

ZF7731 ---- ZF7731 ->hard wire via CAT5E to ZF7762
Is that possible?

Thanks alot!

john_d
Valued Contributor II
I presume you'll need to POE inject the cable going into the ZF7731, and possible inject the other end going into the 7762 as well? Or use a POE switch and connect the ZF7731 and the ZF7762 to ports on the POE switch.

tary_lin
New Contributor II
Correct. ZF7762 and ZF7731 are mounted outdoor. They need to be powered via PoE injector. So this is why i am not sure if possbile to offload from 7731 to 7762.