cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth speed decreased using R500 Series AP

vitin_castro
New Contributor
I have 3 R500 series in a residents home, Incoming speed from the modem to the router is 100Mbps down, now using wifi we're getting half that. I there anything that we might be missing in the zone director thats reducing our Bandwidth speed?
2 REPLIES 2

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

There's a couple places I'd start with troubleshooting this. First, make sure that on your wired network, you can get the advertised 100mbit. It's not unheard of that a consumer gateway/router device is unable to sustain 100mbit, especially if it's more than a few years old.

What kind of clients are you testing this on? And how do you have the AP's configured channelization wise? Are you using 80MHz channels? Furthermore, do you see your clients on 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

It's unlikely that clients on 2.4GHz with 1 stream (or even 2 stream) can saturate 100mbit. Reaching these speeds will more or less necessitate that the clients are associated on 5GHz.

rahul_koul
Contributor
How are you testing wifi speeds?

Please make sure that the SSID is not configured for WEP or TKIP encryption as it can slow down the speeds drastically. Use AES instead if you are using TKIP or WEP.