cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple OSX devices getting no internet while connected to Ruckus APs

anthony_7436256
New Contributor II
We have an environment with 36 R510 APs spread among 12 floors with 2 ZD1200's on the back end. We notice on a daily basis that random set of Wifi users cannot browse the internet or get disconnected in the middle of a video call even though they have full bars for Wifi.  This is an issue because the building is 100% wireless. We have turned off DFS channels, and tweaked power levels accordingly to minimize overlap. It seems that only Apple users are effected. Are there any known issues with Ruckus and Apple devices?
76 REPLIES 76

Have you had  a fix yet for the Catalina issue? We are having this on test installs of Catalina.

Hi Warren,

I just read news from our SEs that upgrading Catalina to 10.15.1 resolved all their Customer's MAC issues.

There was an Apple thread about needing to power off/on to restore access thru wifi.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/118780/wifi-doesnt-work-unless-i-turn-it-off-then-on-again

Hi,

We also experience intermittent connection on Catalina OSX ver. 10.15.1.  Is there any workaround on this.  Thanks!

MhelBerg

help_desk_fkaer
New Contributor III
So here's my latest findings on this issue.

I recently migrated from a single node vSZ to a two node cluster running 5.1.1.0.598. While working with support to get the licenses migrated we chatted about this issue. Two things came out of the conversation which I am in the process of implementing.

First, We switched from Proxy (controller) based RADIUS to AP based RADIUS. I had opted against this in our original deployment years ago because I did not want to create ~200 RADIUS Clients on each RADIUS server. Turns out, if all your APs are on the same subnet, you can specify that subnet CIDR as the IP and cover all APs in a single entry. Then you configure your WLANs to use an AP RADIUS auth method.

Secondly, 5.1.1.0.598 apparently has a known issue in which the RADIUS service restarts unexpectedly. This is supposedly resolved in 5.1.2. I am planning a maintenance window to perform this update after I let the AP auth changes settle.

Any documentation on how to setup Wlans to use AP Radius auth?