cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All SSIDs NOT visible on all Access Points

joseph_harvey_j
New Contributor II
I have 11 SSIDs/WLANs configured on my Zone Director.
I am not getting all of these showing up on all 17 of my access points.
I have a variety of r510, h510 and r310 access points which according to the spec sheets can do up to 16 SSIDs.
All of the WLANS are in their default groups.
I have tried deleting the AP's from the Zone Director and re-adding them and tried restarting the entire network. Nothing seems to be working. 
Any ideas/help/advice would be appreciated.
TIA
7 REPLIES 7

david_black_594
Contributor III
Other than SSID name and pre-shared keys, are there any differences between the 11 WLANs?

joseph_harvey_j
New Contributor II
Each WLAN is attached to a unique VLAN.  ex. SSID 1 = VLAN 10, SSID 2 = VLAN 20 and so on.  We do use the bonjour gateway to allow inter vlan service discovery of apple devices.  The remainder of the settings are default.  

joseph_harvey_j
New Contributor II
I have resolved this.
It turns out that when the spec sheet for the Ruckus h510 and r310 says it can do 16 SSIDs it means that it can do 8 on 2.4Ghz and 8 on 5.1Ghz so really you only get 8 if you're using both bands. How it decides which 8 of your potentially  configured16 SSIDs you thought you could have (thanks to the clever marketing) remains a mystery. I ended up creating WLAN groups of the SSIDs I would prefer over others in certain areas which has the 8 SSIDs broadcast in that area.