Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP restarting in a single room of the building

rodrigo_soares_
New Contributor II
AP restarting in a single room of the building
Good afternoon!
I'm serious problems in my ruckus wi -fi environment.
I have a ZD 1106 with 23 APs ZF7372 .
What happens is that two APs from just one locality are restarting and consequently disconnecting users.
Already tested network, energy and until we make the exchange of a healthy AP by one of these APs with the problem and to my surprise the AP healthy this same locality began to have the same problem of APs that were before in this same location .

Viewing the Logs noticed that after restarting the controller shows the Feedback .

AP [ JAC - Floor North ] warm boot successfully , last reboot reason [ power cycle ] .

I ask for help Ruckus community because I'm about to lose my job because of not solving this problem

I am grateful for everyone's help .

att,
Rodrigo Soares
rodrigo.soares@strong.com.br
8 REPLIES 8

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Not to mention ruling out that AC power in that room is unstable. The power supply could very well be good too.

alexander_moise
New Contributor III
The most common problem is the power supply. 
I think that changing the power adapter (to a 100% stable from another AP) and using the UPS will help. 

mark_spring
New Contributor
This sounds indeed like a power supply, or most probably the cable or jack plug on the end of the cable.   I have had this issue once with a power supply. Exactly the same symptoms as you have noticed, changed AP's  and the problem persisted, Then I checked the power supply and it turned out to be the 90 degree plug that was not making good contact, by merely touching the wire where it joined the plug I could cause a power cycle. 

rodrigo_soares_
New Contributor II
Finally found the problem. After several tests had the brilliant idea of ​​changing the voltage of the electrical distribution. We have been before placing the AP in an electrical network 110v which in my opnion was absolutely unstable . The diagnosis I had is that when we were all active classrooms ( the environment is a college ), the energy began to fail.

To this end , we decided to increase the voltage on AP plugged to 220V ( the antenna is bi- volt ) , and I did not have more falls .
The antenna had more than 140 simultaneous connections without any fall or restart.

Thank you for personal help , you guys have been very important for solving the problem