cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP installation height ?

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
Any suggestions about the installation height (min / max) above the floor (or other baseline locations) for the typical ZF AP?

And specifically:

Indoors (zf7982) >

Outdoors (zf7762) >
10 REPLIES 10

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
I have various classrooms that vary in ceiling height from 3m to 15m.

Some classrooms ceilings vary from 3m to 9m within the same room.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Well with classrooms you'll have more issues with capacity than height. I'd say 8m should be just fine. Classrooms are sometimes slanted, so you need to consider that also, but probably it's not that big of an issue. How big are they and how many people fit in?

Are APs deployed yet or are you still in talk where to put them?

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
Yes, some are slanted: 3m to 9m

You say: 8m but is that optimum?

Typical class size range from 30 to 600 persons.

Deployment: 10% complete. Still pondering, hence this forum post and open Ruckus case.

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Well for classrooms that have 30 clients, I'd say you can cover more with 1 AP.

For 600 you need to start asking your self, is everybody going to access it at the same time. I've had a 2000 user deployment at a conference hall. I used 3 7372s, but there were only 300 users at one time connected. That's under 20%, but that was a conference. One 7982 can take 300 users but it depends also on what are users doing with their clients? Will they all require a connection at the same time for some video streaming or just some browsing and e-mail and stuff?

Be careful, as you can get into more problems with using too many APs at one location than you think you'll solve. It's so many things to consider.

prem_kumar_2fbv
New Contributor
In a warehouse, Can I place the R600 Zoneflex at 11mts and get the coverage in the ground?