cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.11g issues after 9.8.2

jim_michael
Contributor
We have a wlan on a zd1100 with three TrendNet 802.11g print servers. Replacing these devices is not an option at this time (long story, I know g sucks, but I'm stuck with these for now.) The wlan is using WPA-mixed encryption because these print servers can only do WPA2-TKIP and there are also iPads on the same wlan doing WPA-AES.

Everything has been working perfectly fine for several years, until I recently upgraded the ZD from 9.4.something to 9.8.2 (doing all of the necessary in-between upgrades as well.) Now these 802.11g pservers are having problems connecting to the same wlan they always have. The symptom is that they will immediately connect, but the ZD shows the clients with NO IP address, thus they cannot be communicated with. I thought this might be DHCP related so I set a static IP on one of the pservers with no effect... it still shows up with no IP address in the ZD. HOWEVER, after a LONG time (like 6-8 hours) the pservers WILL magically start talking over IP again and everything is normal, until they are power cycled and the whole scenario repeats.

All that is to ask if there are any "levers" in the ZD I can adjust to make these pservers operate as they used to? Clearly something changed along the way from 9.4 that these units don't like, but nothing I've fiddled with in the web UI has made a difference. I was wondering if there might be some CLI settings I could adjust that affect how g devices work?

If there's nothing I can do on the current firmware, is it possible to go BACK to 9.4? If so, how?
3 REPLIES 3