cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7982 refusing clients after reaching 100

dan_younes
New Contributor
I'm having an issue with a mixed high density environment. The site is using 7982 and r700 APs on the main level. Both units are managed by a Zone Director 3000. When watching heavy client connections in the ZD I noticed that at 100 users the 7982 and r700 are refusing clients once they reach the 100 client mark. Is there a way to change this? Encryption and authentication are turned off and there are other AP's in the area, but it seems to try to connect more users because of the heavy concentration.

The environment is very dynamic and can change completely within an hour as users move.

Thank you for your input
5 REPLIES 5

dave_watkins_74
Contributor
I just wanted to add, that by default there are two areas that limit to 100 clients, one is the AP itself, you can change this from withing the AP Group under model specific settings, and the other is as already described, in each WLAN/SSID.

So even bumping up the users per WLAN per AP setting under the WLAN settings still won't get you more than 100 clients on any specific AP until you increase the setting under model specific settings in the AP Group