cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Ruckus R710 AP Not Connecting to Existing Network

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup a second Ruckus R710, however, it is not connecting with my master ap. With that, it is displaying a new configure.me ssid, this time asking for its serial number for the password, which I didn't have to do the first time. In addition to this, my computer is displaying that the configure.me has no internet connection, therefore, I cannot connect to its default ip address. I have tried doing a factory reset and have also tried applying a static ip to the configure.me. Nothing has worked so far.

12 REPLIES 12

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Check that your master AP isn't set in gateway mode.

But it actually looks that second AP was connected at some moment to master. Also it seems that both AP got IP from gateway -- .126 master and .131 the other one.

No VLANs is not good for security, but it is easier for troubleshooting.

For the very beginning I would recommend disconnect the 1st (working Unleashed AP), reset and connect second one and check if it will get IP address and become Unleashed master. If yes, nothing is that bad with it.  If not try to upgrade/replace firmware image, it may be corrupted.

Post results....

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply,

My master ap is not set in gateway mode. Also, the .126 and .131 ip addresses cam from the master, I just changed it from dynamic to static for easier access. 

After disconnecting the master, resetting and reconnecting the second ap, it is still not getting an ip from the dhcp server. (I am still getting an APIPA ip during ip scan as well as "no internet, secured" message on my computer from configure.me ssid.) My CTL light is also still flashing green. Interestingly, I bought 5 APs new to add to unleashed network, however, they appear to all be doing the same thing, all showing no internet under ssid, which was not the case when setting up my first. 

I have another question: how would I upgrade/replace firmware image on second ap if I'm not getting an ip to ssh or login via web cli? Unless, is there another way that I am missing? 

Thank you again,

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ryan,

I would suggest you to open a case with support.

If all new APs are doing the same thing then there must be something wrong in the network side.

Changing firmware will not fix network issue. AP should get an IP address if wired network is configured correctly.

Before you reach out to support, try below tests as well.

1. Access the master AP and check if AP is getting 802.3at power (get power-mode).

2. If step 1 is true, power up a non-working AP, factory reset it by pushing and holding the reset button for 12 seconds. Once FD is done, connect this AP to 2nd port of your master AP.

3. Check if AP is getting IP address or not. Similarly, you can also connect a laptop to 2nd port of your master AP and see if laptop gets an IP. This will rule out network issue.

Note: Logically, config.me cannot provide internet connection. It is just for AP access and configuration purpose.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn