cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Ruckus R710 AP Not Connecting to Existing Network

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup a second Ruckus R710, however, it is not connecting with my master ap. With that, it is displaying a new configure.me ssid, this time asking for its serial number for the password, which I didn't have to do the first time. In addition to this, my computer is displaying that the configure.me has no internet connection, therefore, I cannot connect to its default ip address. I have tried doing a factory reset and have also tried applying a static ip to the configure.me. Nothing has worked so far.

12 REPLIES 12

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Hello,

That is exactly how my network devices are connected: AT&T Fiber >>> Arris BGW210 >>> ICX-7250 >>> Five Ruckus R710's (Eventually once this is resolved). I have found out that my ISP router is the DHCP server. Also, the second AP is not displaying an ip on the same subnet as the master ap. Would this be a switch issue then? 

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Lee,

Check if switch ports are configured with identical config. You can review working vs non working switch ports on ICX.

show run int eth x/x/x    (where x/x/x is the switch port number. For example 1/1/1)

Compare the SW port configuration of working vs non working SW ports where working and non working AP are connected.

Yon also swap the APs and see if non working AP comes online, it will rule out the SW configuration issue.

If you are able to access the non working AP over it's default IP, please run below commands and confirm details.

• get version
  • get ipaddr wan
  • get director

Pull the output of same commands from a working AP as well.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Hello, 

Here are my results after the show run command (port 6 is the one that the working ap is connected to, port 1 is not): 

SSH@ICX7250-24P Switch(config)#show run int eth 1/1/6
interface ethernet 1/1/6
 speed-duplex 1000-full
!
SSH@ICX7250-24P Switch(config)#show run int eth 1/1/1
interface ethernet 1/1/1
 speed-duplex 1000-full
!

After switching the non-functioning ap from port 1 to 6, nothing has changed. I also ran the commands for the functioning ap, as the non-functioning ap is yet to post an ip address to access via the web interface. Let me know if you want me to share the outputs with you. 

Thank you, 

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ryan,

Yes, share the other requested output from working AP CLI.

I think AP is not getting IP address, that is the problem. If you want to fix it quickly connect a laptop to the AP, assign static IP of same subnet as other APs and see if it fixes the issue.

Command to set static IP is:

set ipaddr wan xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz

reboot

Where,

x= IP addresss

y= subnet

z= gateway

Bdw, switch is running on single broadcast domain it seems (no VLANs are configured).

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

ryan_lee
New Contributor

Hello,

ruckus(ap-mode)# get version
Ruckus R710 Multimedia Hotzone Wireless AP
Version: 200.10.10.5.229
OK
ruckus(ap-mode)# get ipaddr wan
IP Address: (static, vlan 1), IP: 192.168.1.126  Netmask 255.255.255.0  Gateway 192.168.1.254
OK
ruckus(ap-mode)# get director
------ Unleashed Info ------
Device role          : controller-ap
Primary Controller   : n/a
Secondary Controller : n/a
DHCP Opt43 Code      : 3

The information of the most recent Unleashed:
  [1] 192.168.1.126
  [2] 192.168.1.131

AP is under management of Unleashed: 192.168.1.126 / ec:8c:a2:25:d4:10,
  Currently AP is in state: RUN
OK

Would I assign an ip through the cli? Because I am unable to ssh into the nonfunctioning ap's default ip address even after factory resetting multiple times. 

Also, for the switch, is it a bad thing that no vlans are configured. How does that contribute to the issue?