cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having problems with login screen

michel_razzouk
New Contributor II
I have ruckus 2825 and can't seem to get the login screen. It will go to the page but can't see user name and password. Is there a way to upgrade it thru putty? or sumthing like that without the login screen? I telnet to it but it don't know what user name and password is.
9 REPLIES 9

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Without the username/password, you'll need to factory reset the device and reconfigure (as if it were a new unit).

Hope this helps.

michel_razzouk
New Contributor II
I know what the user name and password for the unit but not getting the login screen. I was refering to the telnet user name and password. Is there a default user name and password for telnet?

My main question though is when I type the units IP address in the browser I see that it change to /login/oip I thing but does not show the user name and password lt's a blanck screen.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
OK, that's good. Telnet (SSH) login is the same as for the web UI. My guess is that you're using a web browser that didn't exist (in version at least) when that device was developed OR the browser cache is corrupted.

Simplest is to try using a different browser (Firefox seems to give universally good results) and otherwise clear the cache on your browser, restart it and try again.

michel_razzouk
New Contributor II
I will try that thank you. If that doesnt work can I update it thru putty or telnet? Telnet is asking for user name and password but is not excepting it. That's why I thought it was different user name and password. If I can update it, where can I get most recent software that has the webbrowser?