cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zonedirector 1100 firmware upgrade issue

heart_l3ss
New Contributor II
Hello,

I have been struggling to upgrade the firmware of my ZD1100 to the latest firmware.
At the moment, the device is on the 9.6.1.0.15 firmware. I would like to upgrade this to the latest, however no matter what I tried, it seems impossible. 
At the start, I tried to go straight to the last version which ended up getting stuck at 0% upgrade progress.
Then I found out about the "correct" upgrade path to follow until I reach the desired latest version. However, no matter how many earlier versions I tried, even the exact next version, all upgrades get stuck at 0% with a red blinking status LED.
I left it 2 times to do the upgrade overnight and it was still stuck when I woke up, 8 hours after.
Any advice? 

Thanks for your time in advance.
Have a great day! 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

heart_l3ss
New Contributor II
Update:

I tried both version 9.7.2.0.9 and upgrading through CLI, with no success.
Same issue with 9.7.2.0.9 that got stuck at 0% and CLI documentation is unfortunately available to premium support users, which I am not and have no experience in stuff like this. Any guide would be appreciated.

@Mitchel Axtell, I have already tried what you mentioned and IE on Win10 still gives me the error that the website is using a protocol no longer supported. I think they have strictly forbidden the access to such pages on the latest versions of the OS and browsers. 

Ankush_Chandan
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi There,

It is unfortunate to hear that upgrade failed even through the CLI; All CLI related commands and steps were detailed in the video link I shared in my first comment. I am suspecting it to be a memory related issue which need a cleanup. I would recommend you to contact our support hotline for further help.

Regards,
-Ankush

heart_l3ss
New Contributor II
I already tried to contact support, but as the product has reached EOL and I do not have any support contract, I guess it won't be of much help. Are there any simple guides on connecting through CLI to the device itself using putty? 

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Yes, use SSH (TCP:22) to the ZD IP address, login with admin credentials.  Type Help to see commands available.