cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector’s Smart Redundancy Licensing

hammertime_7274
New Contributor II
I'm reviewing the ZD11xx_User_Guide_9.3.pdf and it states the following regarding Licensing requirements for ZoneDirector’s Smart Redundancy configuration:

This feature is only available using two ZoneDirectors of the same model and number
of licensed APs.

If I purchased 2 x "ZoneDirector 1100, licensed for up to 6 ZoneFlex Access Points" and then I want to upgrade the AP could to 50, would I need to purchase 1 x or 2 x "ZoneDirector 1100 License Upgrade from supporting 25 to supporting 50 ZoneFlex Access Points" to use the Smart Redundancy feature?

I don't think it makes a different but the APs I'm looking at R510s.

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Smart redundancy to work correctly:
same hardware model
same firmware version
same no of AP license

same no of AP license

What is what I was wanting clarify on.  So sounds like I need 2 x ZoneDirector 1100 License Upgrade from supporting 25 to supporting 50 ZoneFlex Access Points.

no - with this item

803-1100-1RDY WatchDog ZD1100 series Redundant Controller Support, 1 Year. Includes Support & license upgrades to bring redundant ZD to the same level as the primary ZD. Must purchase with a ZD1106 (PN # 901-1106-XX00) or use with existing redundant ZD1100

on the second controller you can save on license cost when smart redundancy is needed..

get hold of a Ruckus reseller, he can explain you better over the phone...bottom line is you don't need to buy license on 2nd controller if u buy above items... item descriptions talks the same...

OK thanks that is very helpful.

hammertime_7274
New Contributor II
Sorry I meant to say R510 not H510.