cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector DHCP Discovery

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
Hello,

to discover my ZoneDirector's i decided to use my DHCP to provision my APs.

I tried to unterstand the ZoneDirector User Guide (Version 9.8) and configured following Settings:
- Define Vendor Classes "RuckusWirelessAP" and wrote "Ruckus CPE" in the ASCII field
- Open "Set Predefined Options...", choose my prevously created Class and add a sub-option.

Here ist my question:
What kind of "Data type" should i use?

I cant find any Information in the User Guide and i tried several Types without Success.

Please help.

Thanks!
Best Regards
Marco
6 REPLIES 6

charles_thompso
New Contributor II
I too had this issue. 

To make this work I defined a vendor class ID with the ASCII characters "Ruckus CPE". I then created a predefined option in the class named option 43 with code 006. Then I created the scope option. Using the advanced tab in scope options I chose the custom Ruckus CPE vendor class and predefined option I had created and entered the two controller IPs with a comma between them in the ASCII field.

If your using ZDs use code 003 when creating the predefined option in the vendor class.

I'd like to elaborate that this configuration is on Windows Servers in order to have option 43 provided to only Ruckus clients which include "Ruckus CPE" option 60 in DHCP request.