cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF2942 Upgrade to 9.7.0.0.220 causes problems

sven_jaanson
New Contributor III
Upgrading standalone 2942 AP from 9.6.1.0.15 to 9.7.0.0.220 makes only troubles for us.
I have 2x 2942 standalone AP's. After upgrade both of them needed factory reset to gain access to the web console. Also I had to reconfigure from scratch.
Thats bad...
But after upgrade I faced issues where all connected clients suddenly become disconnected clients.. I had no time to investigate this issue further, so I downgraded my AP's to 9.6.1.0.15.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the ZoneFlex 9.7.0.0.220 GA Release Now Available topic.
16 REPLIES 16

I think your hardware is flaky...

K. I'll open a case. Many thanks sir. 🙂

drc
New Contributor III
Not to hijack, but I have a ZD3100 and 51 2942 APs...and upgraded to 9.7.

Same symptom, connected clients became disconnected clients. Average 300 users total then averaged 51 or so, a LOT of APs have zero clients...oh the horror.

Case opened, but no joy.

Opened forums, I see this, and I downgrade.

CURRENT STATUS: 20 minutes later, am on 9.6.2.0.13, back to high client count, APs have multiple clients.

Case is still open, although I agree with the consensus that the 2942 can't handle 9.7, so perhaps moot.

Just sharing.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Issue with 2942 on ZD controlled AP

gert_karpelin
New Contributor
I had troubles too with 9.7.0.0.220 firmware. I downgraded to 9.6.2.0.13 and it working three days already.