cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD3000: added AAA Active Directory server - then added wlan, no visible aaa choice

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
On a ZD3000 ver 9.6.1.
added AAA Active Directory server - then added WLAN, no visible aaa choice:

1. AD server added and tested successful
2. Tried to add WLAN:
2a. chose standard usage
2b. chose 802.1x EAP
2c. chose WPA2
2d. chose AES

3. Authentication Server: pull-down does not display name of AAA server as a choice.
5 REPLIES 5

r0nnieb
New Contributor II
"Do any of the aforementioned alternatives support multi-thousands of "guests""

- Sure, the zonedirector 3000 supports 5000 Dynamic PSK's (with the firmware 9.6 and above you can limit users to an x amount each (in your case 2 max but i'd stick with 1)

"Do any of of the alternatives NOT require a separate server or non-ruckus device...that is, I would like the ZD3000 to offer the "guest" webpage (or other ZD built-in security solution) for credentialing and encryption"

- you can provide guest access or dynamic PSK's based on the local user database, perhaps someone on here can point out how many users can be created, though i dont recall a bulk import facility (with the exception of guest account names for each ticket)

"Are you saying I need a separate RADIUS server in order to use active directory ("AD") credentialing? That is, I thought I could point the ZD at our AD without the need for a RADIUS server. "

-You can certainly point your ruckus to the Active Directory server for authentication based on RBAC (Role Based Access Control) via either a captive portal or a BYOD provisioning hotspot which can use the zero IT activation to "push" the wlan profiles to the user device (however its most client devices you can think of except widows mobile and blackberry for now but these can be manually setup i believe)

also you can use the onboarding portal within the guest access config page (similar to hotspot only a tad easier)

:)