cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Being Redirected To Guest Portal IP Not FQDN

garrett_collier
New Contributor III
I have a ZD3000 Running 9.13.0.0 build 232. When a user connects and the guestpass signin / registration page appears, they are being sent to the Zone Director's IP address rather than the FQDN I specified when installing my GlobalSign Wildcard Cert. Is there a way to force my zonedirector to serve up the URL instead of the IP?
7 REPLIES 7

I'm not aware of changes that you describe Bob.  Please contact Tech Support and ask them to file a bug.

Looks like this issue was addressed in 9.13.1.  From the release notes: "Resolved an issue where Guest Access would redirect to ZoneDirector’s IP address instead of the FQDN after upgrading from 9.12 to 9.13. [ER-4317]"

Thanks for the information. I had this similar problem (version 9.13.0.0.232) as I did installed a wildcard certificate in order to users not getting any untrusted certificate the Guest Access captive portal. However, users in this guest access network are being redirected to the Zone Director's IP address and not its FQDN (note: I have an internal DNS server which resolves this).

Btw, in the latest version (9.13.2.0.33), this might not be needed as they reverted back the default Guest Access Captive Portal to HTTP. But if you still wants HTTPS, this can be activated with commands mentioned in the release notes.