I read & ask for information about what firmware version is neccessary for SPoT deployment and find many different information.
* some Ruckus presentation says that I need "Load ZD9.8 OS"
* local partner said 9.8 is necessary.
* website says 9.8 is necessary: http://www.ruckuswireless.com/product...
* support asked in mail replied that whichever 9.7 will do.
So maybe users already tried the deployment and are able to answer? from where download the 9.8? let me know.
ZoneFlex software release 9.8 provides Enterprises, HotZone Operators and Managed Service Providers a higher performing, more reliable , and easier to deploy and use way of providing wireless access to diverse groups of users across multiple locations
The few features and enhancements in this release include:
• Support for ZoneFlex R700
• Application Recognition and Control
• Guest Access Improvements
• Smart Positioning Technology (SPoT) Support
I also checked in 9.7 what's new document and there is NO mention of SPoT so be assured that 9.8 & above is needed for SPot to work