cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove or Fix 'bad cksum' Firmware Image

oliver_clarke_9
New Contributor II
Hi,

I am experiencing an issue where i am unable to connect an AP to a ZD. It appears that the issue is because the FW downloaded has an error 'bad cksum' (please see below). Is there anyway i can overwrite this or delete it?

AP model: 7363

hdr_cksum:    0x63F0 != 0x0187 - bad cksum
version:      9.12.3.0.28       ( 9.12.3.0.28 )

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

oliver_clarke_9
New Contributor II
Hi Both,

Thanks for your input.

So the steps i have taken so far are:

1) reset the AP
2) reimage the AP with this fw file (rcks_fw_zf7363_100_1_0_0_432.bl7)
3) reconfigure the AP for the ZD

The AP will then either do 2 things

1) enter standalone mode (even after setting director IP)
2) cycle from idle > discovery > sulking 

James - when you are saying about using TFTP, are you talking about adding just one of the 100.x.x.x firmware files to the AP? If so then i am already able to do this via GUI.

The AP has only rejoined the ZD once, and the following log message was recorded when it did so:
'2018/09/10  16:24:25 Medium AP[c4:10:8a:xx:xx:xx] joins with different firmware/custom file version and is being upgraded.'

I would have then expected so see the corrupt file try to be overwritten, however the timestamp is still from July 26th which is when it was originally attempted to join the ZD.

Kind regards,

Oli

james_mckenna_5
New Contributor III
Hi Oli,

Interesting issue. At this stage, I think the best thing would be to check the output of the syslog on the AP: 'show syslog log' or the instructions I provided previously to get the AP's full support-log.

Cheers

James

Anusha_Vemula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Oliver,

You can download the 9.12.3 AP image from the ZD directly. Try upgrading the AP to that version and it should fix the issue.

Execute the following commands on ZD CLI to enable ftp-anon to download the AP firmware.
ruckus> en    
ruckus# config
ruckus(config)# system
ruckus(config-sys)# ftp-anon

Once it is enabled, go to ftp:// IP address>, select ZF7363 folder and download rcks_fw.bl7 file.  

Upgrade the AP to this image and connect it to the ZD.

- Anusha