cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move smart redundant ZD1200's to a different vlan

adam_perkins_66
New Contributor II
At the moment a site has two ZD1200's set up with smart redundancy with 10 x R610 APs connected on vlan1
I need to move all of this to a different vlan (10). Is it as simple as setting the management address to one in vlan1, then changing the two controllers and AP's addresses to the range of the vlan10?
Switch ports will have the ports tagged accordingly.
3 REPLIES 3

rafael_van_den_
New Contributor II
Hi Brig,

It is as simple as that. There are several ways to do this. Here what I would do for the least amount of down time:

1. Change IP of one of your ZDs to be in the VLAN 10 IP Scheme
2. Change your untagged (native) VLAN on your switches from VLAN 1 to VLAN 10 for all your WAPs and both controllers
3. Change all your WAP IPs
4, Change the IP of the second ZD 1200

That should allow your network to be up and running the whole time with minimal downtime. As a note, The controllers and WAPs don't necessarily need to know that anything changed as far as the VLAN, so don't change your management VLAN in the ZDs.

Cheers,
Alex

alex_shalima
Contributor
Hi Brig,

It is as simple as that. There are several ways to do this. Here what I would do for the least amount of down time:

1. Change IP of one of your ZDs to be in the VLAN 10 IP Scheme
2. Change your untagged (native) VLAN on your switches from VLAN 1 to VLAN 10 for all your WAPs and both controllers
3. Change all your WAP IPs
4, Change the IP of the second ZD 1200

That should allow your network to be up and running the whole time with minimal downtime. As a note, The controllers and WAPs don't necessarily need to know that anything changed as far as the VLAN, so don't change your management VLAN in the ZDs.

Cheers,
Alex

adam_perkins_66
New Contributor II
Thanks Alex,

Thought as much, just didn't want to go changing anything without knowing if anyone had had any issues. (can't see why there would have been).

Cheers