cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way in the ZD1200 web interface that I can assign a particular AP to a particular client?

peter_w_9h7tcet
Contributor II
Pretty much as the title says, Is there a way in the ZD1200 web interface that I can assign a particular AP to a particular client?

Reason is the cam is clinging to an AP that it's unreliable with and when I disconnect this AP it has a beautiful relationship with another AP.  Both are R720s.  
4 REPLIES 4

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
The choice of AP is exclusively a client decision.  There are some features which can 'nudge' the client to another AP, but there is no official way for the AP to tell the client to use a specific AP.

The proper way to do what you're after is to create a separate SSID for the camera and enable it only on the AP you want the camera to connect to.

peter_w_9h7tcet
Contributor II
Not a great solution as this AP serves a number of clients and (including another IP cam) and I want a tidy seamless WIFI environment with one SSID.  It would be a handy feature if you could block a specific client on a specific AP via the ZD.  Perhaps something for Ruckus to consider in a future firmware upgrade? Along with being able to label clients with fixed IPs, so we know which cam is where.  This would give provide some really handy functionality.

Hm, do the camera's allow you to access them and configure with a static IP outside your DHCP server's lease range?

Yes.  They get allocated a static IP on set up.  There is no manual control over this though.  Once connected up to power it is impossible to reset the static IP.