cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer 11 Compatibility

rob_coote
New Contributor III
Internet Explorer 11 Developer Preview was released on June 26th. Developer Previews are made available so developers and vendors alike can ensure compatibility with their products in advance of public release.

Why is it that Ruckus has not been able to provide compatibility with IE 11 for their Zonedirector products in over 4 months since the developer preview was made available?

No Zonedirector pages will display on IE 11. Not the admin page, not the DPSK/Activation page, nothing. Compatibility mode does not work. The only response on these forums is "not supported, we need to catch up". That is an unacceptable answer.

Users of your products are upgrading to Windows 8.1 and IE 11 right now, they have been for days, and they are finding themselves unable to use your product because you have not been able to provide compatibility with a 4 month head start.

This happened with Apple OSX 10.7 Mountain Lion and more recently with 10.8 Mavericks as well.

Ruckus, your track record here is not good.

Bonjour support was promised in January, and remains vaporware.

What can we, as Ruckus customers (at least for now) expect to be done to improve these issues going forward?
14 REPLIES 14

andrew_barker_6
New Contributor II
I now have 90 plus RT devices that were given to students most of which were upgraded to Windows 8.1 and your saying they are unusable because your looking for a vehicle to release them on?

Why not release a special update/patch outside of the normal firmware updates to at-least get the captive portal working.

For a company of this size im disappointed that it takes this long for a patch or workaround to come out, you would think a company of this size would have the resources to at-least do that?

Has anyone from Ruckus contacted Microsoft to work through the issue?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Let me try to sort out where we are, and I'll also give a little background why seemingly easy things like releasing a patch aren't so easy.

IE 11 - actually seems to work fine (see https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc... ), so the reported issues seem to be OS related (see below)

Win 8.1/IE11 - That seems to be a problem due to Microsoft dropping RC4 ciphers in 8.1 coincident with us dropping an alternate cipher due to a reported attack vector. You can add RC4 back - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/li... as a workaround, and we should have this corrected in the upcoming 9.6.2 and 9.7.0 releases. Chrome/Firefox also work.

Win 8.1 RT - Nothing to report yet. The workaround is using a separate WLAN with classic PSK.

Patches...Releasing a patch (which 10's of thousands of networks could potentially load, and affecting millions of users) requires us to stop work on something else so that we can fully regression-test to ensure a happy experience. So we've got to balance the impact of that (for RT) over delaying something else (like Win 8.1 support). In other words, fixing things is comparatively quick - it's the testing that's a bear.

Clients are going to continue evolving rapidly, and so we are focusing on better long-term solutions allowing for more graceful failure modes on not-yet-supported platforms.

andrew_barker_6
New Contributor II
Thanks for the reply Keith, but do you know roughly when a patch will be out for the RT issue?

No information yet.

princess_amazon
New Contributor

I have stopped using Internet explorer 11 after the news surfaced that Google has stopped support for IE11. Now I am using Internet Explorer 11 alternatives. Mozilla and Chrome is the best.