cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest access not working after 9.7 upgrade

it_registration
Contributor
After my upgrade to 9.7 Guess pass/ Guess access no longer works. When connecting to the guest SSID it connects but the authentication web page fails to load.

Upon trying to access external outside resources via web browser I get a redirect as expected but it redirects to here:
http://zonedirector.companyname.com/u...

This doesn't work so well.

If I type in the URL it also fails. If I type in the IPaddress/guestpass it works for one of the IP addresses (I'm running smart redundancy on my 1100's).

For troubleshooting steps I've failed over to the other ZD (to change primary) - no change. I've also rebooted both ZD's - no change.

Any suggestions?

Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

rob_coote
New Contributor III
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
ZeroIT redirect not working since 9.7 update.

Apologies in advance for the generic nature of this question but I have not been able to pinpoint a specific device, OS or browser that this is impacting.

I upgraded both our ZD3000's to 9.7 over the holidays and since then I have had a steady trickle of users complaining that the login redirect for the activation SSID does not work.

They are able to connect to the activation SSID, but when attempting to browse to any url, expecting the authentication redirect, the browser goes nowhere.

Manually typing in the url works.

So far I have reports of iOS devices, Windows 7 and Android doing this, with various browsers.

I have tested in my office with several devices and can't replicate the issue.

I was wondering if anyone else may have run into this with 9.7? I am loathe to roll back to 9.6 without further info as we would really like to start using the Bonjour Gateway features.

Rob

martin_kane
Contributor
DId some testing today - and it seems to work fine for me - at least for Guest Passes generated under the old firmware. Haven't tried generating new Guest Passes in the new firmware to see whether they work.

rob_coote
New Contributor III
I haven't seen this as an issue with guest passes, but rather the DPSK generated via ZeroIT.

rob_coote
New Contributor III
Rolled back to 9.6 for now as support doesn't seem to have a fix. Fingers crossed for a 9.7 patch...

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Yes, with Smart Redundancy we don't have any other workaround (using IP instead of FQDN works otherwise). We have escalated with engineering, and we believe they have everything needed to construct a patch release.