cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPSK activation issues with windows 8 tablets / mobile devices can't manually copy DPSK

donald_curry_58
New Contributor III
One of my customers has some issues with the DPSK activation process through the zone director (Firmware 9.6.1.0.15)

1) Windows 8 Phone and Windows 8 Tablets attempt to download Prov.exe and it states that it is not compatible with this operating system. Is 9.7 going to resolve this issue?

2) Occasionally an android phone will not properly download Prov.apk, however, manually copying the DPSK proves to be impossible because the activation page displayed by the zone director appears to prefer you have a mouse to highlight the DPSK. When you attempt to Long Press + Select All + Copy on a mobile device, this does not work because it attempts to copy the entire box instead of only copying the plain text DPSK. Are upcoming ZD releases planning to resolve this issue?
13 REPLIES 13

rob_coote
New Contributor III
Regarding the Android issue, this happens when using the default browser that comes with whatever flavor of Android you are running. If you get Chrome, the provisioning file should work correctly.

I have noticed Chrome does allow for copy paste when the prov.apk is having problems, however if its required to use Chrome instead of the android browser it seems like Zero-IT becomes a misnomer. My end users aren't strong enough with IT to handle BYOD on their own, and so "Zero-IT" becomes "Some-IT"

rob_coote
New Contributor III
This is the issue with Android and version fragmentation. Zero-IT/DPSK is an ambitious feature, and to be able to successfully deploy the prov file to the myriad combinations of operating system and browser you find in the wild makes it rather difficult. I don't foresee DPSK as it is currently implemented, ever being able to onboard 100% of devices.

ict_lyceum
New Contributor II
Hi there,

We have the same issue with prov.apk.
When downloading it says
- it's downloading "No title.apk" but nothing happens. It keeps trying to download forever.
- or it say's "dowload failed" (see image in Dutch)

Image_ images_messages_5f91c417135b77e24795b6b7_6703ccf54fa83cd75f6c5cb8900d9fd8_prov.apk_inline-fbcc7560-913d-447c-a5b4-045ac4afa6b6-1296907722.jpg1385036280

We are able to copy paste the string though so that works but it's not convenient for our users. FW 9.6.1.0 build 15

benny_giebens
New Contributor II
I see this topic as aswered....But where do i find the answer?
We cannot connect any of our windows Phone devices, because prov.exe wont execute and it seems to be impossible to copy the key manually.....

So please provide a workaround or solution to this, because we are very close to sending the ruckus wireless installation back to the supplier...