cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot ping ZD

chris_pazden
New Contributor

I am unable to access or ping my 2 zone directors. Everything was working fine up until yesterday. APs are still online, but no ZDs. I have rebooted both ZDs, tried different cables and different switch ports but it will not ping or allow me to access via web GUI. Has anyone ever ran into an issue like this? 

Nothing changed on the network side, it seems to just have randomly dropped off. 

We inherited this system and i'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to Ruckus devices, so I was hoping to get any info that could help point me in thr right direction

5 REPLIES 5

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

It is the question you need to clarify.

If ZD answers to default IP, than it was either reset to factory settings, or it had previously IP assigned by DHCP server, and can't get it now anymore. Normally you want to set static IP for each ZD, as if it changes, it will create a lot of problems.

So connect Laptop directly to ZD port and check both options. When you know answer, it will be clear what to do. By the way, don't try to connect to the second ZD port, when the 1st is connected to the switch, they are not really 2 independent ports. Disconnect port connected to switch and connect to it.