cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I permanently authorize a client?

chris_huff_7756
New Contributor II
So here's my dilemma:

We have an iPad that we use in the office for patients to check in for their appointment. We have 2 WiFi connections available to use. #1 is our private network and #2 is our patient / public network. If I connect to option 2 the iPad has to open a web page and accept the TOS before it can continue functioning. If I use option 1, every 10-15 min a staff would have to input their AD username/password for the internet to continue functioning. Is there any way I can just whitelist the MAC address of this iPad on either connection to bypass these issues? We have a ZoneDirector but I don't recall what model off the top of my head.

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
After re-reading realised that this is public facing and not internal so the security is a little less problematic.
By creating a new WLAN (ipad/visitor/sign-in whatever) and only allowing your ipad to use it you are leaving your existing patient/public network untouched.

At school I use MAC authentication a lot as our devices stay on premises and change rarely. Effective, "old school" and less secure but practical, it works and only devices I authorise/lay hands on can connect.