added more memory and CPU resources to our ZoneDirector and
Access Point product

lines, the earlier and less capable products are gradually
being discontinued. 

Recent End of Life announcements have been posted regarding ZD1100
model controller,

ZoneFlex 7363/7343/7341/7441 and SmartCell 8800 model access
points.  These products

will not be available for sale after September 30, 2015.  Please see the EoL notices for the

details on firmware and replacement support.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/698-zd1100-end-of-life-notification
21 REPLIES 21

john_d
Valued Contributor II
I just loaded on 9.9.1 and it still shows no sign of DFS on R600. My R700 with the exact same settings in the exact same AP group is able to use DFS channels, and I've got Optimize for Performance checked.

Same behavior in the R600's support logs. Shortly after boot the channel list printed has all DFS channels showing BLOCKED next to them.

So you're seeing DFS enabled on R600 using this firmware?

You know what?  That's my issue.  I forgot this was about R-series APs, sorry.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
No need to apologize! It's not obvious at all that the R500/R600 don't do DFS, and it took Support a few weeks of collecting logs back and forth to make the connection that this was a shipping limitation of these AP's.

To be clear for the other readers, R700 and the T30x's have supported DFS from the beginning.

It's a shame because I have these two AP's deployed in a residential apartment complex where consumer grade equipment saturates the non-DFS channels, so I see significantly better performance out of my R700 than my R600.

Hi David, 9.10.2 is released for ZD1100, but without Airtime Fairness on 5 GHz. Are there plans for a 9.10.3 MR with Airtime Fairness?

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Hi David, thanks for getting back with an answer! I think Ruckus's response is very sensible and satisfactory here. Keep up the great work!