cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra ZM400 printers with Wireless cards

jordan_rush
New Contributor
I have several Zebra ZM400's that are on a WPA network, we upgraded our previous network to the Ruckus system this last Saturday, and everything is working well so far, but our Zebra Zm400's.  They are failing to roam properly between the access points and they are requiring a reboot before they will print anything new again.  We are running R510 radios, the coverage is very solid throughout the area, there is no product or equipment in the way to interfere with the signal and yet they do not want to roam through the area properly.
3 REPLIES 3

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
We have not released R510 model APs...  Are you using a ZoneDirector or SmartZone controller?
A ZD has debug capability, to follow a Scanner MAC address as it roams/authenticates, etc.

If these are standalone mode APs, then the Zebras will re-associate and do L2 WPA-PSK, *or*
all the way back and need to re-auth with your RADIUS server if using WPA enterprise.

jordan_rush
New Contributor
Sorry, I miss typed, R500's, and yes we are using a ZoneDirector1200.  We have about 38AP's in the building.  Where can I find the debug to follow the mac address to try and see what is going on with it?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Administer/Diagnostics page, check Client Association, and enter a Zebra MAC address in the box 'Debug log per client or AP MAC address', then Apply.
Run some testing with your Zebra, don't go too fast, but see if you experience a disconnect when roaming so it will be captured.
Back on the ZoneDirector, click the Save Debug Info button, and contact Tech Support to analyze the logs for that Zebra client activity.
Ruckus TSEs have internal "Merlin" debug decoder that is more inspective than just the Rowdy Support Site log analyzer tool.