cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get clear meaning of Tx power for my Country Code?

andrey_paramono
New Contributor II
Hello there. So, for some reasons, I need to know what is actual maximum transmit power for my country code (Russia). Where can I get this information? I know regulatory rules that working in my country — I want to know what meaning is my ZD using 🙂

When I go to Configure — AP — Edit — Tx Power or do it on standalone AP, I see that there is "Full" choice and some lines that change Tx value in relation to the maximum possible, right? So, what's the maximum?
8 REPLIES 8

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I'm afraid the AP tx_power display changes in 9.9.

Collect an AP support info file and review the Radio0 and Radio1 config settings:

### Radio 0 (wifi0) Config ###
 Channel: 11 (2462 Mhz) (Smart Auto Select)
 transmit power set to max

### Radio 1 (wifi1) Config ###
 Channel: 157 (5785 Mhz) (Smart Auto Select)
 transmit power set to max

This AP is configured with tx_power set to Auto, and the ZD configures the radio to Max power.
Verify this in the rpmkey details for wifi0 and wifi1 radios.

wifi0/wlan-txpower='max'
wifi1/wlan-txpower='max'
------------

Example of ZD managed AP configured with a Manual override of tx_power,
having the 2.4G radio set to 1/4 power, 5G radio set to 1/2 power:

### Radio 0 (wifi0) Config ###
 Channel: 6 (2437 Mhz) (Smart Auto Select)
 transmit power set to -6 dB from max power

### Radio 1 (wifi1) Config ###
 Channel: 157 (5785 Mhz) (Smart Auto Select)
 transmit power set to -3 dB from max power

wifi0/wlan-txpower='-6'
wifi1/wlan-txpower='-3'

Andrey, what model AP do you have, and what country are you in?
This information is not easy to find, and I'll have to go thru Product Marketing.

Sorry for delay — I have to check this information on my APs.
To be honest, I need these meanings for all Ruckus APs. I tried to find this line in R300 (SW Version: 9.8.1.0.101), and now I have a lot of interesting information but not tx power info 🙂

Country Code — Russia. I need this data to design various documents related to government spectrum regulation.

Andrey,
I have a marketing doc with AP details per country code.  Thanks for identifying your AP as the R300 model, and I had seen your country in the initial message.

R300 2x2:2 - 2.4g radio is calibrated up to 23db, and maximum Russia code value is 17db.

Thanks a lot!