cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Security Patching after EOM

ross_nelson_8np
New Contributor II
I have not worked with Ruckus AP's previously, and will be installing some R510's.

I read the EOL policy at:
http://a030f85c1e25003d7609-b98377aee968aad08453374eb1df3398.r40.cf2.rackcdn.com/support/Standard_En...

However, it is unclear if security updates continue to be released between EOM and End of Support, to ensure security of the product over the full lifecycle. Can anyone clarify on this?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Any luck?

@syamantak_omer Were you able to find an answer on this one? Now that EOL is posted for the Ruckus R510 as Jan 31, 2022, we know EOM is Jan 31, 2023.

Have you been able to confirm if security updates continue to be available to the last supported release for the hardware product?

I cannot imagine Ruckus would expect customers to go 4 years without security patching, as no organization would allow that in this day and age. However, Ruckus documentation does not provide clarity on this as other vendors do.

Thanks for your help.

"Once a hardware product enters the End of Life phase, Ruckus will designate a software release (generally the latest supported release for the hardware product) that will be supported until the End of Support Date."

sylvain_marion
New Contributor

I have the same question. The 1 year notice for EOSale and EOM seem very short for a product life if it isnt patched for security vulnerabilities trought the full End of Support (+5 years)