cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P300 Multipoint on same Switch

adam_chok
New Contributor II
HI Team

We've been provided a wireless bridge solution, however it doesnt appear to be working for us. As usual, they sell us the product then when it comes to problems they just handball it to tech support.

We called tech support and they need to investigate it.

The solution was 1st pair from building one to building two, then another pair from building two to building three. Bassically in building two there is a managed switch that connects the access points to pass the traffic through, however when they are both connected, wireless connection loses connection. If one of the access points on the switch is disconnected with POE injector added, the wireless connects no problems at all.

It appears that when 2 access points connected to the same switch, it conflicts. And I cant find any guide regarding this particular setup.

Anyone with some experience, please advise.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

alan_rothenstre
Contributor
Where is your broadband connection? A, B or C. AP2 and 3 are set up as root?

adam_chok
New Contributor II
The main site is A, this is where the internet terminates. AP2 is set to non-root, and AP3 is root. I did try both non-root but still didnt work. Because of this, we added another switch in B and have a straight-through connected between the switch, and that didnt make any difference.

alan_rothenstre
Contributor
I have a similar setup using sg300 Cisco switches. Everything has been working. Root and non-root at site b is right. Have you checked the mesh passphrases? If you do a scan do all the p300s appear?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I quick check of Knowledge base articles for "P300" finds this one on top.

KBA-5266: Why aren't my P300 bridges connecting.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000005266

Are your RB and NRBs able to reach the Def-GW or not?  Here is text from the article.
I hope this is helpful.

Root Cause

If the NRB is able to reach the GW IP address, or if it establishes an Internet connectivity through the wire, it will shut down the wireless - design of the Mesh mechanism within the P300.

Workaround

Once the GW address is removed from the NRB, the NRB sets a wireless connection across to the RB.

Resolution

A couple of options for solutions:

1). leave the GW address in the NRB blank.
or
2). SSH into the NRB P300 and perform the following command:
  rkscli: set eth eth0 disable

The idea here is that the NRB looks for the Gateway through the wire and through the wireless
and if it finds the GW through the wire and through the wireless a loop can be created and thus
it shuts down the wireless.
It is also recommended to place the RB where the POP resides (closes to the internet).

adam_chok
New Contributor II
Thanks for that.

It looks like it just got updated yesterday, the article.

I managed to disable the interface, however still not working.

Ok, this is what I have done. I used a POE at AP4, and shutdown the interface on the switchport, bang the wireless came online - as soon as I enable the switch port, wireless goes down.

Can you guys please explain?