cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mesh, no WDS, no repeater mode ZF7363

joe_haddad
New Contributor II
ZF7363 EOL device I understand that but it can't mesh on standalone, can't be a repeater, I have a Chinese £11 Can which has repeater mode and the signal is as good as ZF7363. I thought I will give Ruckus a try even thought it is an old device I would still expect it to do basic functionality.
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
In Solo/Standalone mode, a single AP of any model will certainly provide Wireless to Wired connectivity via 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands, up to 802.11an speeds in the case of zf7363.Most same age Ethernet switches only provided 100mbps switch ports, so slower than wireless connections.You can configure up to 4 internal Networks, and use NAT to extend secure VLANs, thru your real IP router address.The second Ethernet port on zf7363 can belong to one of these NAT translated internal subnets, and the AP can provide local DHCP for them.
I don't imagine you pay very much for a ZoneFlex 7363 model AP these days, so it seems still quite useful, if you were to add one to your home for example.

joe_haddad
New Contributor II
I bought 2 ZF 7363, I wanted to mesh them but then I realised that they can't be meshed without SD. This is for a home and not business. So I just wanted to have a better coverage. It is a shame that these APs can't mesh or at least repeat each other or repeat the main router. I might just run cables now in the loft and try to connect them. A linksys wrt54g which is so old can even be used as a repeater!

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The solution is to define the same SSIDs on both your 7363s, and the only difference is if/when you roam, you re-authenticate briefly. 
But both APs will require an Ethernet connection to your LAN, with your Internet router.  (can't Mesh, use other AP as CPE)

joe_haddad
New Contributor II
Yes this is what I am planning to do, hopefully if the reauthentication is quickly the internet shouldn't really drop, or at least reconnect quickly. Do you know what is the best to put the AP flat or it can be standing up?