cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaFlex 7xxx - Ethernet port type?

julio_gutierrez
New Contributor II
Hi forum,

I have a pair of Ruckus MediaFlex 7xxxx (1 AP, 1 slave). I see that they normally achieve a connection throughput of between 250 and 300 Mbps. However I believe these devices have a fast ethernet (100 Mbps) port on the back.

Is this correct? If so, does this mean that no matter what wireless throughput, it's never going to be more than 93-94 Mbps due to the Fast Ethernet port physical limit?

Cheers,

--
JG.
5 REPLIES 5

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Yes, you are correct. Won't get more than that.

julio_gutierrez
New Contributor II
Looks like a design flaw to me then. Why spend so much in getting a great wireless throughput when it doesn't fit later into the physical pipe....

Sigh.

--
JG.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Julio - that's an old product. Gigabit interfaces were prohibitively expensive at the time that product was designed.

julio_gutierrez
New Contributor II
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info, and I agree with you -- but then again some real i+d was spent in reaching wireless throughput 3x higher than whatever the product could ever actually give. Great to be ready for the time when gigabit ethernet would be commonplace but still. 🙂

By the way, which Ruckus product would be today's version of the MediaFlex 7xxx? (able to handle 100+ Mbps on the ethernet side too). I've checked the website and it's not too clear in there.

Cheers,

--
JG.